OLM Group's continued success and growth is the result of the knowledge, commitment and creative enthusiasm of our people.
We are proud to have grown organically by retaining the best people and attracting new talent at a steady rate. The majority of our most experienced people have been with us for over five years and over half have worked in the social and health care sector. We strive to ensure that they are credited and respected for what they do and ensure they are nurtured for their own and the Company's future growth.
OLM Group offer rewarding and progressive careers supported by a comprehensive training and development programme. If you would like the chance to really make a difference and you have what it takes, please contact us.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Glasgow office based
The Solution Architect is responsible for working and consulting with customers and internal development to specify the end-to-end solution architecture and development required for integration projects, this is specifically for CIS - custom integration solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all development projects. Understand OLM’s current products and systems architectures. This includes liaising with Systems Architects.
- Strive to design and architect project developments to use a common approach to integration; building and reusing from previous projects wherever possible.
- Work with Sales to provide input to the sales process and costs for integration projects.
- Work with Marketing to promote the experience OLM have in the integration area and pro-actively identify marketing opportunities for campaigns.
- Work with the customer to identify, understand and highlight any consultancy needed to enhance/define business processes required to ensure full success of integration project.
- Responsible for understanding customer needs and designing solutions that meet customer requirements. This involves performing system modelling, analysis and planning to implement a solution that will meet business needs within financial budget guidelines.
- Present and translate the design to customers to ensure the design will meet the customers' requirements.
- Liaise with customers and CIS Project Coordinator to manage expectations, ensure timely delivery, acceptance and implementation of the solution and to manage change control as appropriate.
- Own and define on behalf of the customer the solution’s business requirement and technical specifications / user stories.
- Translate the requirements to development team(s) to successfully implement the design. Participate in Agile development streams as the Product Owner and own the acceptance of the solution to be delivered to the customer.
- When working on new integration requirements and projects keep productisation in mind as every project may have the potential to be resold as a product to other customers in the future.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work across the full development lifecycle, ensuring that functional/design specifications are accurate and meet business requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of programming languages including:
- Java, jsp
- C, C++, .Net
- XML, Web Services, Message Queues
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Application Integration techniques
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to produce good quality documentation for both a technical and non technical audience, facilitate meetings, and conduct presentations when required.
- Knowledge and understanding of OLM’s products and offerings.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A good understanding of testing techniques and the ability to communicate effectively with the test team.
The deadline for applications is Friday 14th March 2014.
To apply for this role, please send an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
OLM is an equal opportunities employer